REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Came to visit, thought I'd stay and join

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Came to visit, thought I'd stay and join

Postby briansII » March 7th, 2012, 5:29 pm

Welcome.

You're in Key West and it's too windy to get out and fish? That must be the worst kind of torture. Give me water boarding over that. ;)

briansII
briansII

Postby Troutinator » March 7th, 2012, 6:21 pm

briansII wrote:Welcome.

You're in Key West and it's too windy to get out and fish? That must be the worst kind of torture. Give me water boarding over that. ;)

briansII

Hey, I get out and fish in this strong wind. I just hate getting hit in the back of the head with my clousers, bunny flies, crazy Charlies, and whatever else I decided to try and sling in this weather. However, just standing in waist deep, warm gulf waters feel pretty good this time of year. I never said it was cold, just windy and a little rainy.

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. I'll feel right at home.
Troutinator

Postby garypullings » March 7th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Papasequoia wrote:Ah, a long lost member of the Coed Naked Fly Fishing Club. Good to see you. Um, clothed, that is. :lol: Jon

Hey Rob and I am members too.... * I still have the pictures on the upper Kern to prove that. LOL...
garypullings

Postby Wildman » March 7th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Scott's a long time contributor on the Kern site.

Scott and his family came by the place one day and the girls ground drove the horses. Here's Scott with the camera.
Their daughter, Michelle, is an accomplished horsewoman, outstanding student and a crackerjack fly fisher.
The better half, Denise, is a retired Navy Chief, horsewoman, and fly fisher.

I was able to fish with him and Mark on a local recently and he did darn good. Always has a big smile. He and his family are a great addition to our little conclave.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby 1mocast » March 8th, 2012, 12:07 am

Welcome T!
Just try dropping your line behind the Wild World Sportsman in Islamorada! There are plenty of hand fed tarpon there!
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Troutinator » March 8th, 2012, 3:13 am

1mocast wrote:Welcome T!
Just try dropping your line behind the Wild World Sportsman in Islamorada! There are plenty of hand fed tarpon there!

AND THEY ARE HUGE!! :shock: Don't think they'd notice this ol' California tourist tossing a bunny fly at them while they snack on offerings from tourists? I'm supposed to be going back up there tonight or tomorrow to pick up my wife's new Sage that I ordered when I was up there on Sunday. Nice little store and they served the best grilled grouper Reuben sandwich I've ever had. OK, it was the first grilled grouper Reuben sandwich I've ever had. But, going to get me another one.

Jim, we are definitely going to have to stop by the house again sometime. We had a lot of fun there and Denise and Michelle do bring up that visit now and then.
Troutinator

Postby stanbery » March 8th, 2012, 6:27 am

Oh crap Scott found us. Just kidding Scott nice to see you over here as well.

Jon
Papasequoia wrote:
Craig wrote:We have some great guys and a few weird ones that live in Ridgecrest. :fart:

Yeah, that Raider and BradW and PapS are strange. Thank goodness everyone in Ridgecrest is crazy Image

Jon I fixed it for you. :lol:

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Artin » March 8th, 2012, 8:12 am

Are those Clydesdales?

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Wildman » March 8th, 2012, 8:34 am

Artin wrote:Are those Clydesdales?

Artin

Artin-
They are Belgian Draft horses. We had four and lost of the mares in the picture after 20+ years. Used to pull the BLM Fire Wagon in Bishop Mule Day's every year.

Scott-
The latch string is always open for you guys.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby WadeK » March 8th, 2012, 9:30 am

Scott,
Welcome to the Peanut Gallery.
Let us know when your back in town.

Tight lines,
Wade
I fish for my sanity. If I catch it, should I still practice catch and release?
2014 log entries so far: 16.
WadeK

Postby Swanee » March 8th, 2012, 11:22 am

Hi ya Scott
man if I were you, I would beat a path to fish with that Barrie guy. Still need to get with you on your local water. Good luck in the salt.
Swanee
Swanee

Postby Troutinator » March 8th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Swanee wrote:Hi ya Scott
man if I were you, I would beat a path to fish with that Barrie guy. Still need to get with you on your local water. Good luck in the salt.
Swanee

Just came in from the flats and I have 4 clousers that are just shredded. Let's be honest, any barracuda is fun on a fly rod. Just wish a snapper, snook or even a tarpon would join the fun. I'll be posting pics later in the saltwater section.
Troutinator

Postby lucfish » March 8th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Troutinator wrote:
Swanee wrote:Hi ya Scott
Swanee

Just came in from the flats and I have 4 clousers that are just shredded. Let's be honest, any barracuda is fun on a fly rod. Just wish a snapper, snook or even a tarpon would join the fun. I'll be posting pics later in the saltwater section.

Snook or snapper would be cool that's for sure, never caught those species, but tarpon well there killers extremely hard to catch and I don't think you would want a Tarpon on a 10 weight wading the flats unless it's a baby. A 60 pounder would have all your line and backing in 3-5 seconds and POW, back to the flyshop for more line. Absolutely nothing like a Tarpon, there just hard to hook and even harder to stay on especially if your not in a boat. You'll have fun though just trying for the silver king.
lucfish

Postby Artin » March 8th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Still some mighty fine animals I say!

Very magnificent.

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby beachbum » March 9th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Hi Scott! Long time no read. Welcome aboard :)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing