REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

summit county

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

summit county

Postby theokieangler » July 14th, 2012, 7:29 pm

hate to see the CO board so slow - figured with the low flows this part of the forum would be loaded. surprised to see my post from last year is still on the first page.

don't know if anyone reads here anymore - but my wife and i are headed off to breck for a "babymoon" on the 21st. The gunnison trip was pretty hardcore, I'm not so sure that this one will be as crazy. I'll have a full week though so I wont have to rush so much.

So far I'm going straight up tourist on this - picked up the "fly fishing guide for the summit county area" by michael shook. Solid read and im excited to check out all the water i possibly can. Here's my problem - i can't focus - too much water and it all sounds great. I'm hoping one of the fly shops in town will help me focus and help me stay away from big crowds, but if you guys have any advice I'm all ears.

Thanks guys,
ward
theokieangler

Re: summit county

Postby WanderingBlues » July 14th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Heck yeah we read it! Put something up and I promise there will be responses.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Re: summit county

Postby Jimbo Roberts » July 14th, 2012, 8:22 pm

What a coincidence, I'll be in Espanola on the 21st and arriving Pagosa Springs on the morning of the 22nd.
I will spend at least a week fishing both sides of the divide. This will be my 6th year in a row to start out my summer fishing adventure in Pagosa. I still have not covered half the water that is around there. Rio Grande Cutts on the east side and Colorado Cutts on the west, of course Rainbows, Browns and Brookies too. I think like most great places you have to be local and dedicate a lot of time to get around to all the drainages. I am using "Flyfisher's Guide to Colorado" by Bartholomew for the basics, it's a good general view, but even it can not cover it all in it's 588 pages. I'll post some teaser stories to keep the Colorado forum active too.
Your going to love Summit County. Looking forward to your stories.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Return to Welcome to FFA!