REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New Guy

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

New Guy

Postby Jerry » July 29th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Hello everyone. I was looking for carp fly recipes and found your site. I'm from So. Illinois and have been retired about 3 years now. I love Bluegilling on the beds and I'm going to try carp fishing. I saw Luke's carp candy fly in the Cabelas catalog and have tied a few of those to try. The nearest trout stream fishing to me is in Missouri and I like that also. I assemblied an Orvis fiberglass rod when I was in high school(early 60's) and have been hooked on the Bluegill since then.
Jerry :D
Jerry

Re: New Guy

Postby darrin terry » July 29th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Welcome Jerry!
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby flybob » July 29th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Jerry, welcome and hope you enjoy your stay!

would love to see some mid-western gill posts!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Wildman » July 29th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Welcome, Jerry. I was born in Oak Park and my family farmed in Galesburg. I'll bet you folks have some incredible carping on the fly out there. Looking forward to hearing from you.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby 1mocast » July 29th, 2012, 5:13 pm

Jerry,
Welcome...There are some diehard Carp and Gill fishermen here.

Post a a trip report here when ya get a chance so we can drool over the pictures.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby WanderingBlues » July 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Jerry, welcome! I graduated HS in Southern Illinois about 25 miles east of St Louis. Some of the best days were spent catching white bass in farm ponds....
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby beachbum » July 30th, 2012, 9:24 am

Welcome aboard, Jerry! Post some pics from your fishing there. Good luck on the carp!
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby RichardCullip » July 30th, 2012, 9:51 am

Welcome aboard, jerry. Looking forward to some warm water reports from the middle of the country.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Fishfreak911 » August 4th, 2012, 11:28 pm

Heyyyyyy Jerry! Welcome to FFA! You'll love it here. Some of teh most genuine and generous peeps on the planet! Glad you introduced yourself. Poke around and get to know the board. Its a reel fun place! Hope to see some of your pics down the road! :bananadance:
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby gabe » August 6th, 2012, 2:29 pm

hello and welcome. looking forward to you sharing some warm water trips. always love getting some time in with pans and carp.
gabe

Postby The fishing queen » August 6th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Welcome, Jerry! :)
Life is Simply Beautiful - A Pole, a Line, a Fly . . . .
The fishing queen

Postby fflutterffly » August 7th, 2012, 5:06 am

Welcome Jerry! You've come to the right place. Filled with information, advice, and lots of fish *, FFA has become a place for both locals and near locals, like yourself, to meet up and exchange ideas, tales and lies. If you ever travel west you'll find the members willing and able to take you on to some of their favorite waters. I know this to be true while traveling from Los Angeles to Bozeman, MT I was able to share water with folks from this group.

Great you joined us.
Ariel
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Return to Welcome to FFA!