REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New to Trout Fishing

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

New to Trout Fishing

Postby NachoOne » September 3rd, 2012, 2:26 pm

Wow, I am new to trout fishing as a new hobby, but I have been tuna fishing for years. Now want to enjoy my life a little more and enjoy the view as much as I enjoy fishing. To be sure, I have many physical limitations, weak right side, and I know that I will never climb a steep river banks, but this will not stop me ever. I used to wrap custom salt water rods of all kinds, tuna, calicos, deep droppers, heavy rods, so I know how to wrap. In fact, I have three wrapped by my friend Lanny cause I have no idea what I want/need or understand the what blanks to buy. But I know this, I will be trout fishing somewhere near Mammoth lakes/rivers and taking my grandson with me.
Glad to have found this forum, Thank Wandering Blues ( Curtis ) for informing me of this site. I am looking to having fun and NOT KILLING TROUT, but that is just me.. I am an old :fart: ..and know it..
NachoOne

Re: New to Trout Fishing

Postby Fishfreak911 » September 3rd, 2012, 3:21 pm

Nacho, Welcome! I am happy you have found us as well. Boy, if you like rod wrapping, just wait till you start tying flies! You'll be going :Idiot: with all of the potential fun you can have!

There are plenty of places to fish even with your physical limitations. Heck, even the salt!

Stick around and don't be afraid to make friends and get out to fish. We are all connected by one thing-The love of fly fishing and the outdoors. (ok, 2 things :D )
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Re: New to Trout Fishing

Postby WanderingBlues » September 3rd, 2012, 8:57 pm

Nacho,
Welcome aboard! This crowd is way more subdued than the BD crowd. I remember reading your travails over your long range deposit with the Q105. You'll never put up with BS like that here. And, as I said, ant thing you need, don't hesitate to ask.

Curtis
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Return to General Fly Fishing