REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hello!

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Hello!

Postby Maddog61 » February 22nd, 2013, 1:37 pm

I've been lurking around here for a while and thought I'd introduce myself. I live in the Bakersfield area. I've been backpacking & fishing the high Sierra, & GTW for 2 years. In 2012 I got introduced to fly fishing (Tenkara) & haven't looked back. I also started tying flies last year. After seeing WadeK's earlier post about fly tying classes, I attended the last 2 and learned a few things. Good group of guys.
Funny story, I first heard about this site back couple of years ago when I was at a man's house purchasing a kid's race car bed off of Craigslist. I saw his fly fishing gear on the coffee table & we talked fishing for a few. He said he was involved with this site. If I remember, he had recently caught a PB 15lb brown? I wasn't a fly fisherman than, but am now.... Funny how things come fill circle. I wonder if that member will read this? :-)

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Maddog61

Re: Hello!

Postby stanbery » February 22nd, 2013, 6:16 pm

Welcome aboard.
That sounds like Craig that you met.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Maddog61 » February 22nd, 2013, 7:24 pm

WOW. He wasn't kidding. That's an awesome fish.

Maddog61

Postby Wildman » February 22nd, 2013, 9:39 pm

Welcome to the site! Craig was the founder and built the site up to what it is today. Looking forward to seeing your adventures on the water with your Tenkara rod.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Re: Re: Hello!

Postby Maddog61 » February 24th, 2013, 8:23 am

Wildman wrote:Welcome to the site! Craig was the founder and built the site up to what it is today. Looking forward to seeing your adventures on the water with your Tenkara rod.

Very cool. Thanks for the welcome. Along those lines, is it kosher to cross post a link to my report from HighSierraTopix, or should I repost them here?

Maddog61

Postby Wildman » February 24th, 2013, 8:49 am

I posted a trip report for a trip to the Eastern Sierra there after posting it here first. Sure would save some time. I would go ahead and repost here. Looking forward to that post and some on your current adventures. It's all about sharing our common bond of addiction to fly fishing.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Fishfreak911 » February 24th, 2013, 9:26 am

Maddog, Welcome! you'll find nothing but good times, and good peeps here. Def. try and get out with some of the peeps here, or on a group gathering. It's fly a fishing Mecca here on Addicts. looking fwd. to any posts of your exploits in the GTW. Im heading up there for the opener this year. :bananadance:
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby WanderingBlues » March 25th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Welcome to the fray! Craig is the father of the site. He's passed on the running of the place, but as you can see, he did a great job of making it a community. We have some awesome Tenkara people here.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Return to Welcome to FFA!