REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Rendezvous Tournament on Kern

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Rendezvous Tournament on Kern

Postby RiverRat » September 17th, 2008, 11:27 am

Another forum for BEER topics:D :D Please, please!

Brewed beer for years. Brown ales and British reds were my thing when I could ferment my beer in the crawlspace while living in the Pacif NW. To expensive to run fridge in Bakershell :twisted:

Anybody out there want two nice glass carboys and a bottle capper? trade for flies. I can bring them to the tourney.

RiverRat
RiverRat

Postby darrin terry » September 17th, 2008, 11:52 am

Just cool the fermenter in a water bath. Get one of those cheap plastic bucket things with rope handles. Put the fermenter into it, fill with water and place dark wet towels around and over the top. Portect from light and keep the airlock in place. The wet towels should help keep the temp down a little, enough anyway if kept in a coolish place to begin with. When I first started, I used an interior closet for fermenter storage. As long as the closet did not have a wall that touched the outside of the building it usually kept cool enough for ales. Lagers would be another story of course.

Unfortunately, if you use the bucket thing to keep the fermenter in you will not get to check out the cool little storm thingies that move around in the fermenter during fermentation. :ugeek: Sorry, beer geek.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » September 17th, 2008, 5:08 pm

wildfly wrote:Mike,

I am not able to participate in the tournament. I spoke prematurely in asking for a partner before I was approved to be in the tournament I guess. The details are in this thread if you are interested.

I like the IPA with the chili and the spicy mustard on the burger... it has enough flavor to complement those two. Good stuff!

I figured I missed something.

As for brewaries, if anyone has been to downtown Denver there are brewaries on every corner in the downtown area. I've only been there twice, and stuck with Blue Moon.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing